Friday, July 22, 2011

My legs are strong!

This is my 2nd week in Melbourne. Oh well, it was more happening as compared to last week. At least, I visited more places, walked more and cooked with my housemates. =D

So, continue from last post, where I ended with Red Scooter party last Friday night. On Saturday night, we cooked our first meal ever in my 3rd home. We cooked ABC soup and fried vege. Simple, nice and healthy. =D

*posing with the food, looking freaking tired*

Oh well, I forgotten what I did on Saturday morning and noon. Probably just unpacked my luggage and went out for grocery shopping.

Sunday was very packed but I really enjoyed. Went to Flagstaff Garden with Sue Yen before heading to Queen Victoria Market. Just to take a look and snapped some nice photos with the grass, trees and flowers. I love nature!!



And we had potluck at night with the guys we met during orientation. Sunway campus exchange students rocks!! =)


The guys stayed over at our place and we went to Shrine of Remembrance after having lunch at Menya, Elizabeth Street on Monday. I kinda like the food they served. Big portion and yummy!


*Favourite photo of the day*

Tuesday, we went to DFO to shop after orientation. Orientaion in Parkville campus was really "cute". ONLY 5 of us with the admin. We had a brief presentation as introduction, campus tour by senior and lunch with the admin again at Primary Cafe. The whole orientation programme took us around 3 hours only. And we spent 45 minutes walking to Parkville campus from our place. LOL

Parkville campus is really small as compared to Clayton campus. But since we are only having one faculty there, it is much better compared to our building 3 back in Sunway. But I still prefer the 3 floors library in Sunway campus. Maybe i will have better feeling towards the library after I camp there.

Back to my brief summary of 2nd week life in melbourne. We went to DFO by taking the free city circle tram. Walked quite a distance to actually reach DFO. We need to walk pass the bridge in order to get there. So, to be a typical tourist, I have the photo below. XD
* The wind is too strong till I have to hold my hair. LOL *

I got 2 dresses from Rip Curl in DFO!! Yeah!! And a short which costs me 5 bucks. Dirt cheap!

On Wednesday, money-saving day. Since I went out everyday and spent a lot on shopping. Sarah and I decided to stay at home to rest and we cooked wantan soup for dinner! *proud* =D Dang dang dang dang!!!
* the wantanSSS look so pretty yummy huh? *

On Thursday, we went Clayton in the morning to meet up with the others. Walked all the way to Springvale just to try that CHEAP 5 bucks lunch. It took us 3 hours plus to and fro just to have the lunch. Ok, I swear I'll never do that again. I almost sweat and can really feel the warmness in my body. Oh man, it's winter and I can make myself sweaty!

After that lunch, we went to Chadstone for a walk. The largest shopping I've been to in Melbourne, till now. It is really a nice shopping spot. But we were lack of time and spent like 45 mins there and headed to the beach. BRIGHTON BEACH in winter!!

*it's weird to pose with winter jacket on the beach though*

*all the crazy people on Brighton beach*

And so today (Friday), we went to Parkville campus to ask about our timetable. FYI, we haven't get our timetable yet and classes are starting this coming Monday. Yeah, no class for the entire sem! XD

We showed Hesmond our cafeteria and the snakes in the caferia. The snake was being fed with rat. Ewww... I wonder why we have this in cafeteria.
*Snake eating the rat in CAFETERIA*

We went Lygon street to hunt for some nice Italian food. And we dropped by this restaurant -- Cafe Cavallino. Sarah and I planned to go to the other one but it is further down the street and we were hungry. So, we just picked a restaurant that has a lot of customers. And it ended up satisfying. Much better than the 4 bucks salty pizza I had for consecutive 2 Thursday nights at Lucky Coq, Chapel street.
*Posing with the 4 flavours large pizza. 3 of us sharing of coz. XD*

We went grocery shopping after lunch. Bought a red wine and 4 bottles of Vodka @ Dan Murphy, QV. =P

Cooked dinner also. It looks healthy right?

That's all for my 2nd week in Melbourne. Hopefully 3rd week will be much happening but not so tiring. haha.. Stay tuned people! I'll try to update more often.

DO MISS ME okay??

No comments:

Playlist