Monday, July 11, 2011

Everything is fresh!! (1st week in Melbourne)

Had been here for one week. Basically just went for orientation talks & events and grocery shopping.
I'm so tired of walking on the same streets. Explore explore explore! Mission for next week!

Last weekend was filled by grocery shoppingSSS.
Amelia's uncle fetched us to Footscray and Watergardens to shop for cheaper groceries.
Sarah, Eunice and me @ Amelia's uncle's house =)

Then, we went to settle our bank and payments on Monday. Walked around the city (to be particular, just that few streets) and dropped by Hungry Jack for lunch. It's the Aussie's Burger King. Nothing to be fancy over.

Me and Sue Yen with our wrap and burger, respectively. =)
A nice experience anyway. Fries are good.

Got myself 2 pairs of boots while walking along the streets. Yeah!! My sport shoes doesn't work here. So, boots saved my life! LOL~
Street view is loved!!

Another day: Walking on the streets after orientation @ Clayton and took some random shots. One of my favourites!!

On Wednesday evening, joined the Orientation evening activity and visited Eureka Skydeck 88. The lift is amazing! It brought us up 88 floors in seconds! The Melbourne city night view is stunning. But all the building looks similar to me in dark with lights on. haha..
Group pic! Malaysians, Hayley(from HK) and Steph. =)

Another group pic of the night after visiting Eureka skydeck @ Swanston St.

Another orientation talk on Thursday. So, we went to Clayton early morning. Got my OZ student ID as well.

Joined the evening activity (dinner-pizza @ chapel's street). So, I walked around Clayton campus as it was early before meeting time. Sports centre is a really nice place with awesome facilities. The field is HUGE!! Clayton campus even has lakes and gardens. It's so cool~

This is a part of Clayton campus. =O

On Friday, we went to settle our payments before start preparing for the Red Scooter event. Had a Bacon, Egg and Cheese pie from Pie Face.
*slurps* SO CUTE, isn't it?

Then, had a great party at night. It's my first time being into such place. Brand new and unforgettable experience. I looked red in most of the pic. But people, I'm not drunk, at all. My nose turned red in cold. =P

Us on the super huge chair.



So, that's the summary of this week. My first week in Melbourne. This city has more places waiting for me to explore.

Mission for next week: Visit more awesome places.

Have a great weekend guys!! I miss everyone in Malaysia!!

No comments:

Playlist