Monday, May 26, 2014

For One More Day

Last week, I finished reading a book by Mitch Albom - For One More Day. This is my first book of Mitch Albom and I really like this author. Heard about him from friends who read "Tuesdays with Morrie", "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". The story was really inspiring and it should be read by anyone who ever thought of committing suicide.

This book is about mortality -- a person who tried to commit suicide and had the chance to spent one day with his mom, who passed away for decades. The plot is pretty interesting and I would recommend this book to all my readers and friends. This book is quite thin and for people who are lazy to read, just like me, this is readable. =D

How this book inspired me?


1) Appreciate people around us, especially our family members. You might want to chase your dream, but please stop and consider, maybe you should stay for them.

2) Never end your own life. Your parents gave you the opportunity to live. They sacrificed so much for you, the time spent, the love, the money, the tears, the joy, etc. Why would you want to end it because of a small matter? Can your problem be more serious than a life, than all the hard work your family spent on you? NEVER! 


3) Listen to stories of people you love. It may not be the same story as what you've imagined, what you've expected. 

Enjoy reading the book! I have a copy if you need one. =) 

No comments:

Playlist