Sunday, September 21, 2014

PRP Life: My TDM Journal (Part 2)

Continue from Part 1

TDM Day 4 (Thursday)
TGIT (Thank God It's Thursday)! Went to work happily because I planned to go home. Packed my stuff and rushed to work. Deep in my heart, I know it is gonna be a bad day. Machine was still malfunction and how should we run our samples? Go other hospitals? Sungai Petani? Penang? Kangar? or elsewhere?

Reached hospital and had discussion with the boss. Decision: bring blood samples to Penang and run. And, I have to go, without being able to claim back petrol. T__T 

After the discussion, I was quite worried as I was really new in the department, just 2 days experience. My friend and I were discussing and trying to think for a better solution. Boss doesn't allow both of us to go together. Sad. After 1 hour of mental preparation, I'm ready to go. 

Who knows, I received a call from another hospital, saying that they are willing to help us. They could help us with everything and hence I don't have to worry anymore. YEAH~~ Happily, we sent all the samples to that KIND hospital and waited for results. 

Jeng Jeng! The engineer came at 12pm and fixed our dear machines. *claps* Then, we are able to run new samples that are sent to us in the afternoon. Reported results. Done with our work. Sit and wait for call from that KIND hospital. *dot.... dot.....dot......*

At 5pm, we called that KIND hospital to trace results. (We should finish work by 3.30pm but we waited till 5pm because their hospital finish work at 5pm) GREAT! They only provide us with VERY VERY FEW RESULTS. Only 15% of what we've sent. WHAT??!! Then, they told us that they plan to do the rest the next day. 6 hours of work and only did so few, and now they say they wanna go home. We were really helpless that time and decided to travel to that hospital to get our samples back. Precious blood samples. =3

Used 2 hours to travel to the hospital and reach back our workplace around 9pm. Threw all our blood samples into the machine to run and had KFC as our dinner while waiting. Thank you boss for the treat and thanks for the drive. Waited for results, key in into the system and informed the results. It was already 12am when we finally finish our work and leave hospital.

7.30am till 12am work. What an experience. 


I really "appreciate" what that KIND hospital has done to us. Please don't offer to help when you don't have the ability. Gave us hope and gave us a hell-like day. "THANK YOU"

No comments:

Playlist