Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Matang trip and Christmas party

Hey readers! How's your Christmas holiday?
Well, I have an amazing one this year!
A very special Christmas eve and a simple party on Christmas night. =)
Let's start with Christmas eve.

Had breakfast with friends before our trip to Matang.
All of us haven't been there for quite a long time. I'm grateful to be invited to join this special and memorable trip. =D
Jun and me drove to Matang, which is like 30 minutes from Taiping.
For your information, Matang is a small, historical town. It is famous with seafood and historical tourist spots. If you wanna take a look at Kuala Sepetang, it is just 5 minutes from Matang. According to relatives and friends, Kuala Sepetang got lots of nice food, such as seafood, curry mee and pau. I've never been there. So, I should explore Kuala Sepetang one day. hehe..
We reached there in the noon, around 11.45am. Our very first spot was the mangrove swamp.
Do you still remember? We learnt about mangrove trees/swamp in our SPM biology. Here, you get to see the actual tree and shout out loud with "Oh! I saw this before in the book! Oh~ this is how pneumatophores look like". You will never shout like what I did when I was there for the first time? Let's bet ok? You will at least shout quietly in your heart. XD

Us in front of the mangrove tree. It seems like the oldest among all.

After about an hour, we finished our walk in the mangrove swamp. Let me clarify something. There is a bridge for us to walk around. You will die or got trapped if you try to walk on the ground. haha...

Next spot: charcoal factory

We went there randomly. So, we explored the factory on our own. They used the mangrove tree trunk to make charcoal. It's a big factory and you get to see lots of igloo-like thing (sorry, I don't know what that called), which is used to burn the wood.
After that, we went to eat seafood porridge as lunch. One of the must-eat food. =) Wanted to go museum and lake garden for photoshoot. Too bad the heavy rain spoilt our plan. Ended up go home after a small chat at lake garden (...and sleep soundly like a pig?? no way!! I went out at night for jiji's bday celebration. =D)

On Christmas day, I worked for few hours before I start to prepare for the party. Packed like 4 hampers and started to cook d. Basically, I'm in charge of frying nuggets, sausages and french fries. Mom cooked the others (just to make sure all my friends won't vomit with my cookings. haha..)

Party should start at 7pm. I know my friends well. All of them reached around 8pm. Of course, some came early too. ^^ Just a "party" for chit-chat and games. Took a few pics with my baby polaroid.
Group pic! Some of them went back early. But obviously, there are more guys than girls. I was the only girl in the party before 8.30pm. Is it that I need to catch up with more girls or guys are just too supportive? LOL..

The family pic without zy, the dai lou.. This pic is just too cute with the bears! haha..

Much more to blog about the day but I'm lazy d. It's just a summary of my Christmas. New year celebration will be much boring I guess.

Signing off. Take care peeps! I miss you!

No comments:

Playlist